Sunday, May 13, 2012

Time for the Button Swap Blog Hop!!!

Hello Everyone
 Welcome To The Button Swap
Blog Hop
 &
 Happy Mothers Day To All The Ladies 

Well here we go...
My terrific button partner is Melissa Martin of Kensington Cottage Blog
I was sent a bunch of beauties and here they are 


I started with the larger metal button.  It was mirrored in the inside back just gorgeous and a perfect fit for what I was needing to finish a pendant that I made in a class taken from 
Riki Schumacher.


This is what I had after the class


And this is now


My next button choice was to use the pair of flower buttons.  I just love these buttons.   I had seen a post that Melissa made with these buttons, she had just found them along with some others and I was drooling over them then, to my delight they were sent in my swap. 


And here is what I made with them and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how they turned out. 



Many thanks to Cindy for organizing this GREAT HOP!!! and my partner Melissa thank you for sharing your stash...

Now have a GREAT time visiting the rest of these button hoarders...
I mean swappers :)


 Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time.
Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date)
Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date)

16 comments:

  1. Oh!! I do love that necklace
    What a striking gorgeous pendant !!
    and the button fit in just perfect .......
    And the earrings are so pretty and makes me think of summer also as a rose-lover :) Understand that You love them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you just BLEW these away! I love pierced buttons and have a small stash and your piece inspires me to try (try!) to make something with them.

    I'm in serious envy (the good kind!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those earrings are adorable. I love them. It's great how you incorporated that button in your necklace design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that beautiful hoard of buttons! And, I'm not even a flower jewelry person, and you totally caught me with those gorgeous earrings! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love how the button complements your pendant on the necklace-- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love the necklace which is truly Wearable ART, and those earrings are perfect they way you dangled leaves down from the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL WORK!! the button is the perfect pair for that bird pendant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing luck to have gotten that button to finish off your necklace. It's perfect!! And the necklace as a whole is beautiful. As well, those earrings are so much fun. Your addition of the leaves and beads gives them a modern flair. FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, oh, oh! That pendant and that lovely button work so beautifully together! What an amazing necklace. And those earrings are super sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theresa I am so glad you loved the rose buttons! I debated back and forth if I should send them, they were the kind of button you either love or hate. I am so glad you love them! I thought they were so pretty, and your earings are amazing!! That necklace, wow! I love it, I would totally wear it! I loved the buttons you sent, they were all so different and pretty! I am working on incorporating several of them into a bracelet, I just need some more wire and time to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful work! I love them both ... but really loving the earrings - those are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you lucky duck you had a chance to take Rikis class and I love how the button finishes the piece.Your earrings are stunning!!Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful buttons! Those earrings are just gorgeous! And I love how you added the metal button to the wonderful piece you made in Riki's class (I'm jealous!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what beautiful buttons you received! The necklace is truly lovely, but I LOVE those earrings!!! The colors are absolutely amazing together, and the leaf beads compliment the flowers like they were meant to be there! Thank you so much for sharing your work with all of us <3

    *~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your buttons!!! ...and both creations are top notch!-o jealous you got to take that class!!!

    ReplyDelete